I love this time of year. The leaves are starting to fall, the air is crisp, and Halloween is around the corner. Every year I try to do something different. Last year I was a Zombie Princess Leia. This year I decided to be the classic 1966 Catwoman. I’m going to show you how to make an easy pair of kitty ears for your kitty costume.
- Gem Tac Glue
- Cardstock 8.5” x 11”
- Sequins, Glitter, or Rhinestones
- Markers matching Sequin/Rhinestone colors
- Headband (close to your hair color)
- Print out the template on the cardstock and carefully cut out the shapes.
Fold along the dotted lines on all pieces.
- Glue Tab A to Section A by dabbing a little glue on both areas and letting it get tacky for a few seconds, then press together. You can use paperclips to hold these together as they dry. Let them dry for at least 10 minutes before moving onto step four.
- Glue Tabs B to underside of ‘ear’, again use paperclips to hold while drying. Let these sections dry at least 10 minutes.
- Once the sections are completely dry and the pieces do not move, you can color in the cardstock with markers. I colored my outer ear black on the front and back and the inner ear was colored pink for contrast. This way, when you glue the sequins on, you won’t see white cardstock behind them.
- After you have colored in your ears, you can glue them to the headband. Hold the ears on the headband to see where you want them to go and then glue them down. Glue one ear at a time and let the first ear dry before gluing the next. They should be dry in about 10-15 minutes.
- Now you can decorate your ears! Spread a thin layer of glue on the front outer ear and glue down your sequins. Once those have dried on both ears, glue down the inner ear sequins. After this has dried, you can glue the back sequins.
- Once dry, you are purrrfectly ready to have some fun.
**For a quick and easy catwoman costume, get a black unitard at any dance supply store, some cute black boots, add a gold belt, big gold chain necklace, and the ears – and you are set to take over Gotham!