This month we’ve stocked up on some amazing items that are ideal for making a very stylish DIY. This accessory is perfect for pairing with pants because it keeps them in place. It can be made out of many materials, but is most commonly made with leather, and usually has a fixture on the front to make it adjustable. We’re talking about belts! We’re sure that our beautiful new trims and buckles will guarantee that a handmade belt will be on everyone’s holiday wish list!
These tri-colored trims consist of three vinyl braids sewn together. We love the idea of a fun colored belt with a modern buckle.
These beautiful embossed trims are ideal for an understated belt with a little bit of edge, and this style comes in six colors, from tame neutrals to a vibrant green! Why not pair this trim with this buckle?
We got a LOT of fantastic buckles in this month, and we think they’re perfect for pairing with our braided trim! We particularly love the 2″ Crescent Buckle with Prong and the Bottle Opener Interlocking Buckle!
So we know what we would make with our latest treasures, but what would YOU make? Would you embellish a pair of boots or a bag? Add the braided trim to an accent pillow? We would love to hear your DIY ideas, or better yet, see them!
We’re loving the western trend that has been popping up lately – especially in this editorial from Vogue Turkey May 2012. The leather fringe and enormous belt buckles look so chic when they’re paired with edgy studs and sleek silhouettes. We’re definitely going to stock up on western trim and start DIYing!
via Fashion Gone Rogue
Everyone always sees the adorable little girl throwing petals on the floor. Brides also need to worry about what to put on their flower girls. You can create your own head band for your flower girl using ribbon and crystals with these easy steps.
- 1/2 yd of 2 1/4 Poly Satin Ribbon, Ivory Style# 00318 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1/2 yd of 10mm Organdy Ribbon, Light Peach Style# 02110
- 25mm Plastic Head Band, White Style#43469 (1.800.9.mjtrim)
- 1 pack of SS12 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03012
- 1 pack of SS34 Swarvoski Rhinestones, Crystal Style# 03034
- 15” of 2mm Fine Metallic Twist Cord, Brown Gold Style# 00860
- 1/4” Swarvoski Crystal Belt, Crystal/Silver Style # 19912
- 2 pcs of 18*10mm Swarvoski Crystal Sew-on Pear Shaped Jewel, Crystal Style# 27474
- 1 pc of 15*4 mm Navette Rhinestone w/Setting, Crystal Style# 03912
- 1 pc of 18*9mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 12*6mm Sew-on, Crystal Style# 27473
- 1 pc of 10mm Round Sew-on, Crystal #32016
- E6000, Style # 37777
- Take the 1/2 yard of satin ribbon and glue it the headband to cover the plastic, cut the the ends to make them shorter, then glue the ends to the inside.
- Take the 1/2 yard of organza ribbon and glue it straight in the middle of the headband. Cut a little of the ends, leave some left over to glue the ends on the inside of the headband.
- take the metallic cord, cut 4 pieces even pieces (about 3 1/2 inches long), take the belt and swoop the pieces through, as a belt and glue the the ends on to the headband.
- take the other pieces of jewels and scatter them as you wish on each side of the head band.