We are excited to announce that we’ve just launched out new M&J Bridal Salon Website. On the new website you can view our 2010 look book, some of our newest headpieces in the store, take a look at some of our Real-brides that wore M&J Headpieces to their wedding, and our contact information
Take A look
M&J Bridal Salon Accessories- Necklace Style#44880 & Large Cage Veil Style#42929
There are so many great reasons for DIY projects, to save money, to create something you can’t find, to re-use something you don’t use, but most importantly to show your creativity and personality. And here’s something that works great anywhere and I mean anywhere. For a wedding or everyday use, this fabric brooch looks great in the hair, accessory, clothing and even your wedding dress.
M&J Bridal Salon Accessory Necklace Style# 44880
- The length of each material depends on how you want to design your flower brooch. For this particular project. Here is what I did.
- I took a 4” long pleated taffeta and folded ½” on both sides and used the glue gun to attach it to the felt. Make sure you don’t lay it down too straight or it’ll end up looking a little awkward. Slight bend both sides a little and glue it down. Be careful, the glue gun is extremely hot.
- Next I took about 2” of a double row rhinestone trim and glued it on top of the pleated ribbon to cover the ribbons stitches that it came with.
- Next is making the flower.
- For the larger flower, I used about 3/4 of a yard of Midori Dupinoi ribbon. On one end, tie a loose knot. Make it as flat as possible.
- Next lay the ribbon down on a table and with two finger, hold down the knot.
- With the other hand, start flipping the ribbon over one small section at a time. The ribbons should over lap each other as you also turn the ribbon on the table to form a flower. You can make the flower as tight or loose as you would like, but just remember to hold it down so it stays in shape.
4. When you’re complete with the flower, tuck the end down underneath the flower and carefully pick up the flower to glue it down onto the felt. Glue it close to the rhinestone trim.
- Repeat steps a-d for the other two flowers
- When you’re done gluing the entire flower down, glue the loose pearls onto the center of the flower.
- Also glue pieces of the rhinestones along areas where you can visibly see the felt.
- Next, take the scissors and carefully trim the brooch. Be careful not to get too close to the flower and not to trim too far.
- Lastly, glue the accessory clip onto the back of the felt. With this clip, you can add it onto your hair, clothing or anywhere you like.
Accessories are from our M&J Bridal Salon
Call 1-800-9MJTRIM to Purchase.
Necklace Style# 44880
Large Cage Veil Style#42929