They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but we’d like to make a case for belts. They are a great way to spice up a plain outfit, a tool to flatter the figure, and obviously a device to give baggy pants new life! Have you been converted yet? The pictures below might help you make up your mind.
Here’s an amazing belt we found on the BSOUP blog. Although this bejeweled belt from Anthropologie is no longer available, it’s easy to recreate with some jewels and ribbon from M&J Trimming!
Veronika, formerly of Girl and Closet, used this belt to cinch the waist of her dress and pull the look together. We love that bold closure, and check out that background scenery! Beautiful.
Imagine rocking this skinny J. Crew belt with a crisp white shirt and slim camel trousers. It’s simple and sophisticated, but the color will wake up any outfit!
This belt looks just like a Ouija board. It’s pretty cool, and also a little creepy. Perfect for Halloween!
We are loving this Alexander McQueen double buckle belt! The embossed leather is amazing, and we are particularly fond of the Western-style buckles. Why? You’ll just have to tune in to find out!
It’s time to put your winter clothes away because Summer is Finally Here! Your only crisis for the summer, “what to shop for first?” Beach clothes, party clothes, work clothes, lazy Sunday clothes? Well, we just made it a lot easier for you. We took one simple dress and a created four different looks, for inspiration.
Look one: Day at the Beach/Park Accessories: Donna Karan Raffia heal & Vintage Emmanuelle Kkhanh Paris Sunglasses
- Step one- To create a flower appliqué with a button please see this tutorial
- Step two- Connect Chain and pearl strand by tying them together with scraps of fine lace, with either a knot or bow.
Jute Belt Directions:
- Step1- Make knots one inch away from ends and unravel cord.
- Step2- Fold the cord in half then wrap around waist and make a knot.
Look two: Weekend/Day Off Accessories: Alloy Cowboy Boots
For Peacock Feather and Tooth Pendant Necklace Click Here for Instructions
Step 1- Slip one end of the leather trim around the shank and hand sew with a leather needle and thread.
Step2-Measure around waist or desired length and insert three or four holes one inch apart on the other end of the leather trim. Cut excess trim.
Look Three: Happy HourAccessories M&J Headband , YSL Platform Pumps
- Bib Necklace: 1 Ready Made 8″ Beaded Collar Style# 45054-Black/Crystal (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 1 yard of 100mm Ruffeled Elastic Style# 42206-7 (1.800.9.MJTRIM)
- Stretchable Belt: 2 Snaps
Stretchable Belt Directions:
- Step 1- Measure Stretchable trim around waist and cut.
- Step2- Sew snap closures to the ends of the stretchable trim, 1 inch apart.
Look 4: Nautical Look for work Accessories: M&J Belt
To make a belt, instead of bow Click Here
Hope you guys are enjoying this beautiful weather, I know I am! Today I would like to show you a very simple DIY project that will give any outfit a bit of edge, a creative and chic Zipper Belt.
For the list of materials check out our DIY Page