Winter in NYC is not over so we’ve been looking for creative ways to add style to our wardrobe while still wearing the same coats, hats, scarves and gloves. Not only are statement necklaces a great way to do this but so are jeweled winter accessories! The girls over at Honestly WTF created a beautiful DIY jeweled beanie using our sew on and flatback rhinestones. It’s cool, chic, and unique so make sure to check out their tutorial in order to make your own!
After spotting so many different DIY beanies, we knew we had to make our own. We wanted something that would sparkle like the holiday spirit all around the city. We are so happy with the our final product!
1. Fold cardstock and place it inside the beanie and underneath where you will be gluing the rhinestones.
2. Plan out your placement of the rhinestones. You can always change this as you go…we did.
3. Add glue to each rhinestone and press them onto the beanie.
4. Let the beanie dry for an hour. Once dry, you can reinforce the rhinestones with needle and thread if you’d like.
5. Now you have an awesome embellished beanie to rock all season long.
Winter accessories don’t have to be boring. It’s the Holidays! Why not use this time of year as an excuse to embellish your winter gear and get festive. Here are 5 easy ways to do just that.
DIY Double Pom Pom Beanie via A Pair and A Spare
DIY Studded Beanie via For The Love Of
DIY Embellished Beanies via Henry Happened
DIY Veiled Beanie via Honestly WTF
DIY Sweater Beanie via Studs and Pearls