September is a great month for jewelry makers because we introduced a lot of new materials for DIYers to work with. From beads to jump rings, the jewelry-making selection at M&J Trimming continues to grow and offer unique and on-trend pieces to add to your next project!
If you’re a fun-loving bohemian, we have a huge selection of pendants just for you! These beautiful mosaic pieces are just the ticket for that chunky statement necklace you’ve been working on.
Looking for more delicate pieces? We have just the charm for you. From nature-inspired leaves to spiritual hamsas and crosses, we have the perfect charm for your bracelet or necklace.
What about some bold beads to really set off your next project? Our Czech Glass Beads come in a rainbow of colors, and look good enough to eat!
If you’re a fan of the more classic look, check out our Czech Glass Pearls. They come in a range of sizes and colors, making them perfect for using in both jewelry and fashion DIYs!
Summer is almost officially over, but don’t let the September chill put a freeze on your friendships! Cement those ties you made during the warmer months with these fun friendship bracelets that feature beads and dainty little charms.
What You’ll Need:
8mm Czech Glass Colored Pearl
1 3/4” Silver Celtic Key Charm
Scissors1. Wrap your elastic string around your wrist to gauge how big your bracelet needs to be. Leave an inch or two to tie a knot.
2. Tie a knot at one end.
3. Add on beads.
4. Take the end and tie to the other end in a knot.
5. Open up a jump ring and add a charm.6. Close jump ring with the charm attached, anywhere onto the bracelet.
Sunglasses can put the finishing touch on an already chic outfit, and really highlight your best features with frames that suit your face. This DIY is all about taking a simple pair of sunglasses, and transforming them into a stylish statement. We’ve used classic accents like pearls to embellish our circular frames, but you can use anything from rhinestones to studs if you’re looking for something more glamorous or edgy.
6mm Faux Pearls in Gold and Silver
8mm Faux Pearls in Gold and White
Hot glue or E6000
1. Take your pearls and create a design on each side.
2. Take the smaller pearls and create a frame going on top of the sun glasses.
3. Fill the center of the sun glasses with more pearls.
Beaded fashions are one of our favorite styles at M&J because we love the meticulous nature of the medium. These tiny colorful pellets are sewn into a careful pattern on a piece of clothing, and instantly add a new dimension to a garment that was possibly a little more plain and boring. Beading can really transform a piece into something unique, and depending on the types of beads you use, you can end up with evening wear or just an upgraded casual piece!
You can make leggings like these yourself with some of our beaded and rhinestone trim!
Beaded dresses are a classic for formal events like prom and weddings!
A lot of ethnic fashion items from all over the world can be identified by the patterns they create with beads and the styles of the beads themselves!
Jeweled beads and sew-ons add a new level of sparkle to beaded attire!
Lately we’re really loving the look of jeweled elements hidden throughout the home. While we see a lot of luxurious and lavish decor around the holidays, we think these little jeweled accents are perfect for spring and summer decor because when the light hits them just right, they sparkle like the sun! If you want to dazzle to your decor, get inspired with these delicate decor details.
Add some bling to your bed by adding rhinestone buttons
to your headboard. They are an unexpected and special surprise that adds a dash of elegance to an already luxurious decor accessory.
This rainbow “jeweled” chandelier is a fun and colorful addition to any room, and the way that the light reflects off of the chain on the chandelier is pure magic.
This beaded chandelier would look beautiful in a greenhouse, or outside as a re-imagined wind chime.
This beaded mirror is not only beautiful, but it’s also DIY-able! Make it yourself with scrapbook paper, stones, a ceiling medallion, and a mirror!
These designer lamps look like mirrored crystals, and add a stunning, futuristic accent to your home.
Flat are a great shoe for those days when your toes don’t want to go through the agony of wearing heels, but sometimes they can fall a little flat when it comes to style. Turn your basic flat into a fashion staple with these easy DIYs!
Jenn Camling if you’re telling us all we need to upgrade our flats is a Sharpie marker, we’re telling you that we’re on board and making these today.
You’ve probably seen these cute gold-tipped shoes before. Here’s an easy way to recreate the look with whatever pair of flats you choose!
The Miu Miu smoking slippers which inspired this style are all sold out, but luckily there’s a DIY solution! Grab some embellishments, a paint marker, some rhinestones, and you are good to go!
This summer we created these adorable flats featuring these Bugle Beaded Appliques! They’re a great way to add a pop of color to any outfit!
These flats have everything we love from beads to sequins! They’re so perfect they should be part of the M&J uniform. We’d wear these every day!
Flats don’t have to be boring and basic, especially when you DIY them! Which of these options is on YOUR weekend DIY agenda?
Floral Prints have been a key feature on the runway. The nature infused trend has been revamped in a major way. Designers have been using various mediums such as fur, lace, beads, fabric and appliques to incorporate these patterns. Below are some of our favorite floral runway pieces that give us the urge to create some of our very own pieces.
We got such a great response to our list of the Top 5 DIY Camera Straps that we figured it was about time we made our own! We opted for a beaded trim in a Native American print, and performed our DIY magic to make it completely sturdy and usable. Follow the directions below to jazz up your own camera.
Supplies: 3 1/2 ft beaded trim, 4 ft twill tape, 2 D-rings, 2 metal clasps, E6000 glue
1. Glue the beaded trim directly in the center of the black trim. The trim is long, so you may have to glue it piece by piece. Let dry.
2. Slightly pull open the sides of the D-ring and slide the clasp onto the D-ring so they are connected.
3. Slide the D-ring onto the end of the black trim, leaving an inch or two on the end. Making sure the black trim is flipped over, (with the beaded trim on the bottom) apply some glue to the end of the trim and press it down over the D-ring. Hold in place until it dries.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the other side of the strap. Hook the clasps onto your camera and you’re all set!
Then, be one of the first 100 customers to bring in your redemption code during our
Grand Opening on June 8th & 9th
to receive a complimentary sterling silver bracelet – valued at $72!
No Purchase Required
1008 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
We’re back with another original DIY – and this time we’re all about the pastel trend! Using only 3 materials, (all from M&J Trimming) we created this lovely striped beaded headband. See the instructions below to make your own!
- 2 packages each of 2 different colors of seed beads
- 1 plastic headband
- craft glue
- 2 wide, shallow bowls
1. Create the middle strip first, drawing a line of glue down the middle of the headband. You may want to draw the line in pencil first to make it easier.
2. Pour the first color of the beads into a wide, shallow bowl or saucer. Dip all sides of the headband in the bowl until beads are covering all of the glue. Let the middle stripe dry.
3. Once dry, add another line of glue to create one of the outside stripes.
4. Pour the second color of the beads into the second bowl. Repeat the process that you used to make the first stripe, dipping the glue stripe in the bowl. If you prefer, you could also sprinkle the beads onto the headband.
5. Continue to add beads on both sides of the middle stripe, until the whole headband is covered.
6. Let dry for an hour and then you’re all done!