Flat are a great shoe for those days when your toes don’t want to go through the agony of wearing heels, but sometimes they can fall a little flat when it comes to style. Turn your basic flat into a fashion staple with these easy DIYs!
Jenn Camling if you’re telling us all we need to upgrade our flats is a Sharpie marker, we’re telling you that we’re on board and making these today.
You’ve probably seen these cute gold-tipped shoes before. Here’s an easy way to recreate the look with whatever pair of flats you choose!
The Miu Miu smoking slippers which inspired this style are all sold out, but luckily there’s a DIY solution! Grab some embellishments, a paint marker, some rhinestones, and you are good to go!
This summer we created these adorable flats featuring these Bugle Beaded Appliques! They’re a great way to add a pop of color to any outfit!
These flats have everything we love from beads to sequins! They’re so perfect they should be part of the M&J uniform. We’d wear these every day!
Flats don’t have to be boring and basic, especially when you DIY them! Which of these options is on YOUR weekend DIY agenda?
Floral Prints have been a key feature on the runway. The nature infused trend has been revamped in a major way. Designers have been using various mediums such as fur, lace, beads, fabric and appliques to incorporate these patterns. Below are some of our favorite floral runway pieces that give us the urge to create some of our very own pieces.
We got such a great response to our list of the Top 5 DIY Camera Straps that we figured it was about time we made our own! We opted for a beaded trim in a Native American print, and performed our DIY magic to make it completely sturdy and usable. Follow the directions below to jazz up your own camera.
Supplies: 3 1/2 ft beaded trim, 4 ft twill tape, 2 D-rings, 2 metal clasps, E6000 glue
1. Glue the beaded trim directly in the center of the black trim. The trim is long, so you may have to glue it piece by piece. Let dry.
2. Slightly pull open the sides of the D-ring and slide the clasp onto the D-ring so they are connected.
3. Slide the D-ring onto the end of the black trim, leaving an inch or two on the end. Making sure the black trim is flipped over, (with the beaded trim on the bottom) apply some glue to the end of the trim and press it down over the D-ring. Hold in place until it dries.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for the other side of the strap. Hook the clasps onto your camera and you’re all set!
Then, be one of the first 100 customers to bring in your redemption code during our
Grand Opening on June 8th & 9th
to receive a complimentary sterling silver bracelet – valued at $72!
No Purchase Required
1008 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
We’re back with another original DIY – and this time we’re all about the pastel trend! Using only 3 materials, (all from M&J Trimming) we created this lovely striped beaded headband. See the instructions below to make your own!
- 2 packages each of 2 different colors of seed beads
- 1 plastic headband
- craft glue
- 2 wide, shallow bowls
1. Create the middle strip first, drawing a line of glue down the middle of the headband. You may want to draw the line in pencil first to make it easier.
2. Pour the first color of the beads into a wide, shallow bowl or saucer. Dip all sides of the headband in the bowl until beads are covering all of the glue. Let the middle stripe dry.
3. Once dry, add another line of glue to create one of the outside stripes.
4. Pour the second color of the beads into the second bowl. Repeat the process that you used to make the first stripe, dipping the glue stripe in the bowl. If you prefer, you could also sprinkle the beads onto the headband.
5. Continue to add beads on both sides of the middle stripe, until the whole headband is covered.
6. Let dry for an hour and then you’re all done!
Trollbeads Spring Collection 2012
Trollbead of the Day
You cannot see the wind … but with a little Origami Mill you immediately discover nature’s fingerprint.
Designer: Isabel Aagaard
Trollbead of the Day
A promise and a romantic memory of the dazzling beauty of Spring that you have never forgotten.
Designer: Søren Nielsen
Trollbead of the Day
Hurtling through the universe at incredible speed, yet in perfect balance. The beautiful planetary spheres inspired this bead.
Designer: Tom Blicher
Trollbeads of the Day
Designed by Lise Aagaard
A small, deserted island with a few palm trees – a classic symbol of peace and tranquility.