Beaded fashions are one of our favorite styles at M&J because we love the meticulous nature of the medium. These tiny colorful pellets are sewn into a careful pattern on a piece of clothing, and instantly add a new dimension to a garment that was possibly a little more plain and boring. Beading can really transform a piece into something unique, and depending on the types of beads you use, you can end up with evening wear or just an upgraded casual piece!
You can make leggings like these yourself with some of our beaded and rhinestone trim!
Beaded dresses are a classic for formal events like prom and weddings!
A lot of ethnic fashion items from all over the world can be identified by the patterns they create with beads and the styles of the beads themselves!
Jeweled beads and sew-ons add a new level of sparkle to beaded attire!
We’re back with another original DIY – and this time we’re all about the pastel trend! Using only 3 materials, (all from M&J Trimming) we created this lovely striped beaded headband. See the instructions below to make your own!
- 2 packages each of 2 different colors of seed beads
- 1 plastic headband
- craft glue
- 2 wide, shallow bowls
1. Create the middle strip first, drawing a line of glue down the middle of the headband. You may want to draw the line in pencil first to make it easier.
2. Pour the first color of the beads into a wide, shallow bowl or saucer. Dip all sides of the headband in the bowl until beads are covering all of the glue. Let the middle stripe dry.
3. Once dry, add another line of glue to create one of the outside stripes.
4. Pour the second color of the beads into the second bowl. Repeat the process that you used to make the first stripe, dipping the glue stripe in the bowl. If you prefer, you could also sprinkle the beads onto the headband.
5. Continue to add beads on both sides of the middle stripe, until the whole headband is covered.
6. Let dry for an hour and then you’re all done!