Spring is finally here and what better way to celebrate the season than throwing a gathering for you and a few of your closest friends and family. Set the mood with homemade table decorations. The addition of a few simple elements can create a more inviting atmosphere for you and your guests. The supplies to create a sophisticated and playful table are few, and the steps to put them together are quick. In half a day you can have a matching breadbasket with fabric lining, napkin rings, candles and a runner.
This project yields 4 napkins, 1 breadbasket lining, 1 table runner, 2 candleholders and 4 napkin rings. Adjust as needed.
You Will Need:
- 1 wooden or wicker basket (can be found at most craft stores)
- Napkin rings with a flat surface (see mine below)
- 4 ½ yards of cotton linen fabric
- Approx. 65 Glass rectangular Sew-on Jewels (I chose blue and white)
- 5 square Glass Sew-On Jewels (You will need these for corners)
- Sewing Machine, Needle, Thread, Scissors
- Strong bonding glue, I recommend E6000 Glue for glass and metal.
Making the Setting:
- Cut the following sizes from your fabric:
ONE -12”x38” (I cut the ends of mine into points so it wouldn’t be so simple)
FIVE- 19”x19” squares
- Hem ½ inch along all raw edges…repeat with another ½ inch hem to seal the deal.
- Arrange your glass stones along the short edges of the runner and sew on (Tip: I used some fabric glue to hold the stones in place as I sewed them on)
- Arrange 1 square and two rectangular glass jewels on the corners of one of the hemmed square pieces: apply using same technique
- Arrange rectangular glass jewels on flat surface of napkin rings and begin adhering with E6000 or your glue of choice.
- Glue rectangular glass jewels along outside of candleholders
- Fold and press 4 remaining square pieces and roll into napkin rings, lay bread basket lining in your basket so the embellished corners drape over the edges, lay out runner + candles and start cooking.
- And Serve!