Clutches are a stylish and simple choice for those who want a no-fuss bag which only holds a few select items. They’re also one of the easiest options to DIY. Here are some of our favorite ways to make this perfect evening bag!
A Pair and a Spare created these two very different, but very cute clutches. The top transparent clutch gives off a futuristic minimalist vibe, while the plain leather clutch makes a classic statement. Which do YOU prefer?
Have an old clutch that needs new life? All you need is some paint (preferably gold) and tape, and you’re good to go!
This modern Kenzo-inspired design from Adventures in Fashion is perfect for a girl who wants to make a stylish statement!
Salute to Cute made an adorable clutch using a sunglasses case! And those connected rings make for such a unique handle!
Clutches are the perfect alternative to a big bulky bag for a fun night out, and they’re so easy to DIY! If you loved these suggestions, stay tuned to our blog for a DIY that’s perfect for the biggest night out of the year: New Year’s Eve!
A while back, we shared this incredible studded clutch as our DIY inspiration. We spotted it on the lovely Chiara of The Blonde Salad, and it instantly went on our must-try DIY list. And now we’re proud to say that we’ve finally made it! With a few materials from M&J Trimming, it was easy to transform a simple black wallet into an edgy studded bag with a chain strap. You can use it as a clutch, like Chiara, or you can drape it over your shoulder for an effortless look. Either way, check out our instructions below to make your own!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Add about 8 studs to the piece of leather trim. You’ll have to push the studs through in the front, then push down the prongs in the back. Make sure you leave about an inch without studs on either end.
3. Measure out where you want your studded strap on the wallet. Flip over the studded piece of leather, and use your glue to attach one of the ends to the clutch. When you glue it, the studded side should be facing down.
4. Once the glue has dried for the first side of the strap, flip it over so the studs are facing up. Fold down the extra inch on the other end, and glue it onto the wallet to create the strap. Hold in place while the glue dries.
5. Use your pliers to open up a link on both ends of the chain.
6. If your wallet has holes on top, you can simply slip the link through and then close it with your pliers. If not, you will need to create a hole on either side with a leather hole punch. Attach the chain on both sides of the wallet to create the strap. Now you’re all done!
The weather is warming up, so we know everyone is gearing up for those summer weddings and events. This means we’re in serious need of some fun clutches, so we rounded up the best clutch DIYs. Check out our list below (in no particular order) and let us know which one is your favorite!
1. DIY Neon Stud Clutch by Glitter ‘N Glue
2. DIY Lucite Clutch by Stripes + Sequins
3. DIY Prada-Inspired Clutch by Refinery 29
4. DIY Christopher Kane-Inspired Neon Clutch by A Matter of Style
5. DIY Envelope Clutch by Swell Mayde