Canvas tote bags are practical and great for running errands. But truth be told, they’re a little plain. Make your tote bag stand out with classic details that will instill your DIY creation with a preppy and sophisticated vibe, and avoid the question of paper or plastic once and for all.
What You’ll Need:
Faux Leather Bias Binding
Flatback Crystal Rhinestones
1. Glue the faux leather trim on top on the canvas handles of your tote.
2. Once the glue has dried, use E6000 to glue the trim across the top of the bag.
3. Use small pieces of the trim to cover the edges of the bag.
4. Write your initials, favorite word or phrase out lightly in pencil, and when you’re happy with the marks, go over it with your fabric pen.
5. Finish your tote off with some sparkling accents by adding small flatback rhinestones to the top and bottom of your design!
Our latest DIY features a beaded bow applique, and some gorgeous lilac elastic. It’s the perfect way to step into spring with an accessory that’s feminine, with a little bit of edge.
What You’ll Need:
Beaded Bow Appliqué #46230
2 Yards of 25mm Elastic Grosgrain #56038
Needle and Thread
1. Fold your elastic in half. Wrap elastic around your hips or waist depending on where you want the belt to sit, and measure. Make sure to leave an inch to each end for button snaps. Cut to size.
2. To create a sturdier belt, glue the folded sides together.
3. Place one end of the elastic on the back of the bow, and sew the male piece of the button snap in place.
4. Sew the female snap piece to the other end of the elastic.
Now you’re ready to hit the town in style this spring! We love this look paired with black basics, or even to cinch a dress.
Necklaces are the standard when it comes to dressing up your neck, but sometimes it’s better to do your own thing and really make a statement! Stand out from the flock with this gorgeous feather collar. It’s so simple to make, and looks so elegant on.
What You’ll Need:
4-5 Light Blue Feather Patches #42641
2 White Beaded Jewel Feather Patches #43077
Hook and Eyes #43922
1. Create a collar that fits your neck out of felt, and cut it out.
2. Starting at the back, lay your light blue feather patches down. Make sure that the tips of the feathers are pointing out when you get to the end of the collar.
3. Take the next two light blue patches and repeat the same step but further down the collar. Glue down.
4. Lay the white feather patches on the tips of the collar where the closing will be. Leave a little space for the hook and eye. Glue feathers down.
5. Sew your hook and eye onto the tips of the collar for closing.
Check out our selection of feathers and other materials that would work really well for variations of this DIY!
With the cold winter months looming over us like a dark stormy cloud, we find solace in our delicious hot drinks. But sometimes the cold is just too biting to even have our drinks out unattended because the icy wind will chill them in an instant! Keep your coffee, tea or hot chocolate piping hot (and stylish) with this DIY!
What You’ll Need:
50mm Velvet Ribbon (Light Beige) #02450
15mm Grosgrain Fantasy Ribbon (Beige Multi) #34304
23mm x 14mm Swarovski Oval Sew-On Stone (Crystal Golden Shadow) #56006
Paper Coffee Cup (Measuring purposes)
1. Wrap your velvet ribbon around the cup. Then using your pencil, mark a line going straight down. Repeat with the other end.
2. Cut where the pencil marks are.3. Place velvet on another piece of velvet, making sure the soft sides are both facing out. Cut them to match, and glue both pieces together.
4. After the glue has dried, place the ribbon around the cup and mark the spot to sew.
5. Sew the velvet ribbon into place using the spot you made as a guide.
6. Follow the steps above with the grosgrain ribbon.
7. Sew the oval stone onto the center of the criss-crossed velvet and ribbon.
Voila! You have a cup cozy fit for a queen! Which of your hot drinks deserves this royal treatment?
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I had to make a fun accessory to celebrate the Loving Day! Here are the easy steps, perfect gift for freinds, family and loved ones!
Step1: Put the elastic thread through needle and tie knot. Then start slipping pearls through the needle onto elastic thread. When it fits around your rist, cut off end of the thread that’s attached to the needle.
Step:2 Now tie a double-Knot to connect both ends. And cut extra string off.
Step3: Tie a tulle onto the string of pearls, and start wrapping it about the pearls and elastic thread. Be sure to tie a knot every other time you wrap it around. When you go all the way around, tie a bow with the other end of the tulle.
Be sure to check out next week’s DIY Video, where I show you how to make another great spring accessory!
Here’s a sneak peak!
Today’s project is a beaded trim bracelet. You can make this bracelet as a gift for your mom, for yourself, for prom or a nice evening out. It’s an easy way to accessorize in only a few minutes. The steps are really easy and you can use the same instructions to make matching headbands or belt also. Here’s the detail.
- Measure the ribbon and along the center, add glue along the six inches in the center.
- Slowly add the beaded trim on top of the glue.
- Leave it to dry and you’re done.
If you want to make a headband, you can use a longer ribbon and it’s the same instruction. The same instruction also applies to creating a belt. When it dries, you can tie it up and you’re done.