Headbands are undeniably popular, thanks to Gossip Girl. Girls across the world can’t seem to get enough of these lovely accessories. However, these headbands do come with a large price tag at the department stores. Recently, a lot of people took a different route and started making their own headbands. I’ve put up some instructions on this new piece that is quite popular.
1 thin headband (Available at your local convenient store)
- Turn the glue-gun on and leave it to heat up for about 3-5 minutes.
- After the glue is hot, carefully place a tiny dab of the glue long one end of the 1.5″ satin ribbon. Do this for both the 12 inch and 14 inch long ribbons.
- Then take the other end and place it over the area that you applied glue to.
- After a few minutes, turn both ribbons inside out. Apply a little bit of glue to the area where you see the ends that were already glued together. Then hold the ribbon together in the center so that there are two loops. (One on each side)
- Flip the ribbon back into place. Apply a little bit of glue along the center of the 14 inch long ribbon. Then place that glued area onto the headband. As you’re adding the ribbon, pinch the ribbon into place. (As shown in the picture above)
- Repeat step 5 with the 12 inch long ribbon, but this time place the ribbon over the other ribbon that you glued onto the headband.
- Once you’ve done that, add a little bit of glue to the 5/8″ satin ribbon and wrap it around the center of the larger ribbons.
- Leave it to dry for a minute or two and you’re done.