Precious metals have been making a comeback in all arenas, be it jewelry, fashion or decor. And while silver and gold have always been the most popular choices, there’s one metal that’s making its way into the limelight. We’re talking about a warm hybrid between gold and copper: rose gold. This gorgeous shade has the tiniest hint of pink, making it metal with a lot of feminine appeal.
Sunglasses can put the finishing touch on an already chic outfit, and really highlight your best features with frames that suit your face. This DIY is all about taking a simple pair of sunglasses, and transforming them into a stylish statement. We’ve used classic accents like pearls to embellish our circular frames, but you can use anything from rhinestones to studs if you’re looking for something more glamorous or edgy.
Hot glue or E6000
1. Take your pearls and create a design on each side.
2. Take the smaller pearls and create a frame going on top of the sun glasses.
3. Fill the center of the sun glasses with more pearls.
After a particularly chilly and snowy winter, there is no better time to head outside and enjoy the great outdoors than now. We’re at a pivotal point in spring when summer is just around the corner, and the possibility of adventures is just outside of our doorsteps! But what about our DIYs? How do we still get projects done and stretch our creative muscles when we’re outside?
Photography- The great outdoors offer an unmatched canvas for future DIYs that need photos. Take photos to use in upcoming DIYs to make them even more personal!
Painting- Watercolors are great for carrying around because they aren’t as messy as acrylics and oil paints. They’re great for painting outdoor scene s like flowers in a park or a beautiful oceanscapes.
Bracelet making may seem hard on a sandy beach, but our tip is to leave the beads at home. Focus on friendship bracelets for a soothing summer activity.
Summer is only a few weeks away, making this the best time to get your summer essentials prepped! And everyone knows a perfect summer day at the beach, park or pool isn’t complete without a pair of fabulous sunglasses. These sunglasses DIYs are a great way to personalize this summer standby. These chained sunglasses are rockstar chic, and easy to make with a few feet of chain.
Plain sunglasses get a retro upgrade with polka dots!
These embroidered sunglasses from Honestly WTF are created with real thread! How crafty!
These summer fruit sunglasses are perfect for a day at the beach in the tropics.
Yes, these doughnut sunglasses from Studio DIY ARE the sweetest things you’ll see all day.
New Yorkers are known for wearing a lot of black. It’s the most universally flattering shade, helps you look svelte and can be dressed up or down, but when summer hits, black gets put on the back burner to make way for white. Wearing white not only helps keep you cool because it reflects light, but it also looks fantastic with bronzed summer skin, and is another neutral that you can pair with almost anything.
Be a bohemian with a loose summer dress paired with gladiator sandals.
How will you be rocking white this summer?
Do you need a gift for your fashion-conscious father or husband? We have the perfect gift to send dad off with style, and the best part is that this completely customizable gift is easy to make yourself! Check out these DIY bow ties we created just in time for Father’s Day.
What You’ll Need:
Needle and Thread
1. Cut 3 inches of striped grosgrain, and put it aside. You’ll be using this strip for the center of the bow tie.
2. Take your longer piece of grosgrain, and fold one end of your striped grosgrain into the center of the ribbon.
3. Fold the other side over to meet the other piece.
4. Squeeze the center, and sew into place to secure the bow tie.
5. Fold your 3″ piece up horizontally, and wrap it around the center of the tie.
6. Measure the bow tie around a neck, leaving an extra inch.
7. Fold the corner tip of the ribbon to the center, and the other corner tip to the center. Sew the male side to the tip.
8. Sew the female end to the back of the center of the bow tie.
Make these bow ties in an assortment of styles for any occasion! Use trendy trim and ribbons to keep your dad stylin’!
Today we’re giving our regards to Broadway, and taking a look at the beautiful gowns worn at the 68th Annual Tony Awards! The styles were more subdued than at other award shows like the Grammys, but still stunning in their own right.
When it comes to men’s fashion there seems to be a lot less variety. While women can try on every trend from bold neons to crop tops, men usually have a more subdued style. Fortunately, there are elements that any guy can play around with to get a unique style that is all his own. It boils down to the tiny details. By adding unique elements in the way of accessories, men can easily add charisma to their classic looks.
This year embroidered fashions have blown up! Ornate flower arrangements grace shoulders and sleeves, and bring a vibrancy and texture to even the most basic of outfits. Don’t get us wrong, we love a good print, but embroidered patterns offer a three-dimensional element that really captures our attention.
We love the look of canvas flats for warm weather, but sometimes they need a bit of an upgrade! We took a pair of basic flats and gave them a warm-weather makeover with some jute trim and colorful appliques!
What You’ll Need:
Canvas Flats from Rainbow $12.99
1. Place glue around the bottom of the edge of your shoe platform.
2. Glue a row of jute trim to the bottom of your shoe.
3. Glue another row of jute above the first row of trim.
4. Glue your applique onto the center of the front of the shoe, and let it dry. You can also sew your applique on for added security.