If there’s any season to whip out your most outrageous looks, it’s definitely summer. Summer is the time for extremes: neons, brights, lavish accessories, dewy skin. And when it comes to accessorizing for the season, we like to wear one or two pieces to make a huge impact. Make your summer outfit shockingly stylish with a neon jewel and chain earring!
4mm Metal Chain
Assorted Acrylic Sew-on Jewels
Blank Earring Base with Hole
1. Measure your chain how, and cut it to the length you want it to dangle.
2. Take your pliers and unhook the links.
3. Attach one side of the link to the jump ring and connect to the blank earring base hole. Close jump ring.
4. Glue your sew-on jewel and to the center of the base. Let dry.
To all of us who still have holiday lights up, tis the season to refresh your outdoor space! March into summer with a vibrant approach to your outdoor decor. Cheer up your doorstep with these sunny and fun summer wreath DIYs!Make a sweet summer sunflower wreath using felt and coffee beans. Yep, coffee beans.
Make your doorway cuter with this nautical wreath.
Hit the beach to get the materials for this sea-inspired wreath DIY.
Fun footwear is central to this bright and cheery flip-flop wreath DIY!
A patriotic wreath is great for any time of year, but particularly perfect for Independence Day!
If you ever need to add temporary elegance to an outfit without cutting, sewing or drastically altering a piece; this is the DIY for you! We used an array of rhinestone buttons to create pins for a cardigan. You can add these pins to a blazer, a canvas bag, or a hat! We love the instant dose of sparkle these flashy pins bring, and the fact that they’re removable and reusable doesn’t hurt either.
What You’ll Need:
Moonstone Rhinestone Button
Crystal Star Rhinestone Button
Dark Crystal Rhinestone Button
Rhinestone Heart Button
Five Petal Rhinestone Flower Button
1. Take your wire cutter and cut off the shank part of the button.
2. Put some E6000 on the blank part of the pin. Take a button and put on top. Let dry.
Need a gift for dad this weekend? Check out these awesome DIYs that any dad would love! They’re sure to make any man melt, especially when he knows they’re handmade! For the father who likes to maintain a memorable mustache, make a shaving cream that’s great for irritable skin.
If your dad loves to grill, make him a kit that’s perfect for his pastime.
If your dad has a favorite craft brew, turn those old boxes into cool coasters that look great on any table and keep the water rings away!
Make sure dad’s thinking of how much you love him whenever he flies with a DIY leather luggage tag!
If you know your way around a sewing machine, this Waxed Canvas Backpack makes an impressive DIY gift!
Keeping your head feeling and looking cool during the summer doesn’t have to be hard! We created an adorable silk headband that hides a secret weapon. Inside the headband is a wire allowing you to manipulate the headband however you want! It also makes the fit completely customizable. You can keep your hair out of your face while the summer heat is blaring, all while looking totally chic.
2” Midori Dupioni Silk Ribbon
16 Gauge Wire
Needle and thread or sewing machine
1. Measure the Dupioni ribbon around your head leaving extra in order to twist once wrap is complete. Once you have your measurement, duplicate the same piece you create to have two pieces.2. Start to sew the pieces together.
3. Take your wire and create a loop. Twist the wire ends together.
4. Insert wire into the ribbon before sewing up the last few inches.
Looking for fun summer footwear? Why buy it, when you can DIY it! We’re rounded up some of the most stylish sandals for spring and summer that you can wear to the beach, a pool party, or just out for everyday errands. From a heeled tassel sandal, to a fun tribal flat; these shoes will carry you through the season and then some. Which sandals are you totally loving this season? Have you ever DIY’ed a shoe before? Let us know about your experiences making footwear in the comments below!
This Father’s Day make your dad something he is sure to love! If your dad has a habit of losing his keys, make them harder to misplace with a guy-approved keychain. No rhinestones or baubles here! We created a braided faux leather keychain that has an edge of rustic masculinity.
Key chain clasp
Needle and Thread
1. Take your leather fold over to create a loop. Make the loop as long as you desire. Cut excess leather.
2. Slip the leather through the metal clasp opening.
3. Sew the edges of your trim together.
4. Glue the edges of the trim with your Sobo glue so it does not fray. Let dry.
This week we have a DIY that is the perfect piece to complete your spring and summer wardrobe. Inspired by Marni’s incredible rope necklaces, we decided to put all of our cord to good use! This simpler design features one length of cord at a time, but you can always add additional segments to the necklace. We like wearing a clustered bunch to really make a statement, but you can also rock one at a time. These necklaces are a little bit nautical too, making them perfect for your summer vacation at sea!
6mm Braided Metallic Cord
12mm Imported Chenille Twist
End Caps (small and large)
Chenille Cord Necklace1. Measure your chenille cord around your neck, and cut depending on how long you want your necklace. Cut cord.
2. Take your jewelry wire and hold the tip with the loop with a set of pliers. Create a knot by twisting the wire into a ball. This will allow the wire not to fall through the opening of the end cap.
3. Place the loop tip into the end cap so it come out on the other side.
4. Add glue and place cord into the end cap. Let dry and repeat on other side.
5. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Braided Metallic Cord Necklace
1. After cutting your cord to the desired length, take your smaller end caps and add glue inside.
2. Place cord end into the cap and let dry. Repeat on the other side.
3. Add a jump ring to each end and a lobster clasp to on end.
Get ready to get crafty! We’ve put together a list of our favorite DIYs from the month. This tulle skirt from ABM is not only perfect for a spring date, it’s also easy to make!
Studio DIY created these adorable trinket dishes that are perfect for anyone who constantly misplaces their keys.
These egg cup planters from Sugar and Cloth are perfect for succulents and summer seedlings!
Make this colorful art from Design Sponge using tissue paper to create those cool abstract shapes!
There’s nothing negative to say about these negative print foil prints from Damask Love!