Memorial Day is this weekend, and that marks the unofficial start of summer! Get your home ready for the sunny days of summer with a warm summer wreath! We used a basic wreath and wrapped it with ribbon and jute to give it a fun nautical feel.
Wooden flat circular wreath
1.5” Heavy Apron Tape
Small Tubular Jute
1” Stitched Grosgrain
7/8” Grosgrain Ribbon
1. Take your apron tape and glue the tip down on the back of the wreath.
2. Start wrapping around the entire wreath until you meet the area you started with.3. With the excess tape create a continuing loop for hanging the wreath once it is complete. Glue the end to the back and cut excess.
4. Take your jute and glue the tip into the back of the wreath under the tape.
5. Wrap around wreath until you reach the end. Cut and glue tip into the tape behind the wreath.
6. Create two bows with the red and navy ribbon. Glue red one down and then the smaller navy one on top.
If you’re a party planner at heart, you’ll love this DIY. Impress your guests with three different place cards; perfect for a tea party, spring wedding, or birthday.
Card Stock Paper
SS16 Light Colorado Topaz
1. Cut a strip of paper about 8 inches long and an inch high. Cut the top in a wave starting from low to curving up to a hump and back down to a curve.
2. Take the end and fold into a Z shape. Repeat on the other size. This will create a little banner.
3. Cut small triangles out of both sides.
4. Take your crystals and glue down in the corners. Let dry.
Card Stock Paper
3/8” Grosgrain Polka Dot Ribbon
1/4” Reversible Stitched Satin Ribbon
1. Cut your card stock into a rectangle. Fold in half.
2. Punch a hold at the top where the paper is folded.
3. Add ribbon through the hole and tie.
Card Stock Paper
7/8” Paillette Floral Trim
1. Take you paper and cut into a rectangle. Cut the tip of the paper on an angle.
2. Take your x-acto knife and slice a thin line going down the cork. This is where the paper will slip into.
3. Cut a flower of the trim and glue on to of the cork. Let dry.
This Mother’s Day make your mom something as bright and colorful as her personality! We used a basic coral scarf as a base, and embellished it with pompom trim in fun colors! This scarf would look beautiful paired with a floral dress and sandals.
What You’ll Need:
1 3/4” Pom Pom Fringe
3/8” Pom Pom Fringe
15mm Mini Pom Pom Loop Fringe
Needle and Thread
Scissors1. Evenly fold your scarf in half. Take your loop fringe and wrap around the end of the scarf about 7 inches up.
2. Cut and sew in place.
3. Under the loop you just sewed, take another pom pom fringe and wrap around scarf end and sew in place.
4. Take your last fringe and wrap around the two you just sewed. Sew in place.
Looking for a great DIY gift for Mom? After a long day there’s nothing like pampering yourself with small indulgences. Whether it’s a piece of crazy-good chocolate, a light-hearted book, or a bubble bath with filled with your favorite fragrances. This post is going to tackle the latter, with a collection of DIY-able bath goodies that are sure to make your mom, friend, grandmother or anyone for that matter, smile during their luxurious soak.
A sweet strawberry scrub is the ticket to summer-ready legs!
Rough day? Massage it away with these massage bars using herbs and flowers with medicinal properties!
Add fizzing-action to your spa day with these bubbling bath bombs!
Make beautiful galaxy soap that is out of this world!
Our latest DIY is great to use as an addition to a project, or on its own as an accessory. Add our stylish leather tassels to a chic pillow, or attach them with a chain to a handbag! They’re also great for using as a stylish key chain. If you really want to amp up your present presentation, use a leather tassel in place of a big bow.
3mm Leather Fringe
5 1/2” Leather Fringe
Scissors1- Roll your fringe from one end to the other.
2- While rolling, add glue as you reach every inch, and keep rolling until you get to the end.
3- Let dry.
M&J Trimming is excited to announce that we’ve begun carrying a range of new products exclusively in the store! We’re always looking to give our customers the best trimmings, appliques and notions to make their projects and DIYs unique, but the items we’ve added are going to take their crafting game to the next level. You loved our pom poms this year, so it was only logical to add more! We’ve added pom poms in almost every color and size, and the best part? They’re 15% off!
One of the easiest ways to embellish a piece is by adding an applique! We have fun and funky appliques with stones, beads and more starting at just $2!
If you’re dying to dye, check out our upgraded tie-dye area! It has everything you need to add some color to your style.
After you find the perfect ribbon to wrap your presents, you’ll need a little tag! Complete your perfect gift with our selection of tags, wrapping paper and even confetti.
Make your desk pop with our new selection of Poppin stationery supplies.
Our fantastic tassels are now packaged together in sets, making them perfect for pillow corners!
These patches and canvas backpacks are a match made in heaven. From hippie-chic to totally 90s, you’re sure to find a patch for whatever style you’re going for!
In honor of Earth Day, we wanted to help make the planet a little more green. What better way to add a little green to your space than by adding a planter full of beautiful greenery? These DIY planters are the ticket to inspiring that green thumb in all of us.
Looking for the perfect accessory for that party this spring? Make a basic clutch bloom with a little floral beaded trim! This pastel purse is great for a garden wedding, bridal shower, or any garden party!
What You’ll Need:
5/8” Sequin Flower
1- Take your sequin trim and measure from the end of one side of the clutch to the other. Cut to size.
2- Glue trim down.
3- Add around row of trim above the one you just glued down. Glue down and let dry.
The weekend is coming up and the sun is finally shining, which means that we’re finally able to enjoy the outdoors! Add some fun to the sun with these outdoor DIY games that are cute, crafty and entertaining for the whole family! They also make great activities for parties or weddings.
Hop the day away with this rainbow hopscotch board made from paving stones!
Play some classic board games, and then have a delicious dinner outdoors with the flip of a table tile with the outdoor checkers table!
Revive an old classic game on the lawn with these bright and colorful lawn dominoes!
Use your shed to create an epic rock wall for little ones!
Update your average horseshoes with colorful pastels!