Canvas tote bags are practical and great for running errands. But truth be told, they’re a little plain. Make your tote bag stand out with classic details that will instill your DIY creation with a preppy and sophisticated vibe, and avoid the question of paper or plastic once and for all.
What You’ll Need:
Faux Leather Bias Binding
Flatback Crystal Rhinestones
1. Glue the faux leather trim on top on the canvas handles of your tote.
2. Once the glue has dried, use E6000 to glue the trim across the top of the bag.
3. Use small pieces of the trim to cover the edges of the bag.
4. Write your initials, favorite word or phrase out lightly in pencil, and when you’re happy with the marks, go over it with your fabric pen.
5. Finish your tote off with some sparkling accents by adding small flatback rhinestones to the top and bottom of your design!