Do you need a gift for your fashion-conscious father or husband? We have the perfect gift to send dad off with style, and the best part is that this completely customizable gift is easy to make yourself! Check out these DIY bow ties we created just in time for Father’s Day.
What You’ll Need:
Needle and Thread
1. Cut 3 inches of striped grosgrain, and put it aside. You’ll be using this strip for the center of the bow tie.
2. Take your longer piece of grosgrain, and fold one end of your striped grosgrain into the center of the ribbon.
3. Fold the other side over to meet the other piece.
4. Squeeze the center, and sew into place to secure the bow tie.
5. Fold your 3″ piece up horizontally, and wrap it around the center of the tie.
6. Measure the bow tie around a neck, leaving an extra inch.
7. Fold the corner tip of the ribbon to the center, and the other corner tip to the center. Sew the male side to the tip.
8. Sew the female end to the back of the center of the bow tie.
Make these bow ties in an assortment of styles for any occasion! Use trendy trim and ribbons to keep your dad stylin’!