Quick Gift Wrapping Tips

At M&J Trimming we know a lot about wrapping presents. Our beautiful ribbons aren’t just for adding to fashion items, they’re also perfect for wrapping those holiday gifts! Over the years we’ve collected a few tips to make your wrapped presents enviable, and keep your headache at bay.

Brown Butcher Paper from Create-OlogieKeep it Simple – Skip the reindeer wrapping paper. Grab a roll of brown butcher paper or white craft paper instead! If you want something a little more vibrant, get a big roll of silver or gold wrapping paper. By buying a large quantity of one type of wrapping paper you’re saving money, space and time! You also get the opportunity to make each present a little bit different by using various ribbons and tags.

Custom Colors – If you took our advice on the butcher block paper, now’s the time to get creative. Use stamps to make some patterned wrapping paper, and vary the colors for each present. Draw notes or doodles directly on the wrapped box!

Under the Wire – Looking to adorn your present with a beautiful bow? Wire edge ribbon is perfect for puffing up holiday bows. The wire hidden in the edges of the ribbon helps your bows keep their shape.

Neon Gift Tags from Lil Sugar

Tag It – Making tags is a quick and easy way to personalize a gift. Because tags are small, you can pull out all the stops with them. Add some Swarovski crystals, attach them with some gorgeous vintage ribbon, or paint on some abstract patterns. A simple way to give your tags some pop is to use a pair of scalloped scissors when cutting them out.

Card Catalogue – Re-use old holiday cards by cutting out the images and fastening them onto gifts with double-stick tape or glue.

Wrapped Holiday Presents

Use the Unusual – If your gift recipient is a big comic book fan, use comic book pages to wrap your present. If they love Jane Austen, use a few pages from an old book. Thrift stores usually have very cheap books for sale, so you won’t have to sacrifice your copy of Sense and Sensibility.

What tips have you picked up over the years? Share them with fellow wrappers below!

15 comments on “Quick Gift Wrapping Tips

1. theeta35 says:

so simple but it’s so cute.. i like it so much..

2. lovelydeer says:

great ideas, thanks for sharing :)

3. moneyortime says:

This is great! I love a change of scenery, my gifts will stand out amongst the ugly xmas patterns under a tree!

4. An avid reader or true comic nerd would be ill at a destroyed book or comic for gift wrapping. I have photocopied or printed comics to use in my decopage and the comic fans always ask (with pained looks on their faces) if I really cut up comics for the projects.
    Just a thought…
    I love the deviated butcher block paper though!

5. Lila&Sirena says:

Great ideas!
    Check out how I used rhinestones and other basic materials to make some beautiful gift wrap.

6. judybraund says:

Reblogged this on Judy and Company.

7. LOVE these ideas! I give a lot of homemade jams and jellies and I’ve been known to skip wrapping entirely, or just wrap the lid of the jar with a doily or ribbon. I’m inspired to try to wrap all my Christmas gifts beautifully this year. I do always tie a cookie cutter to each gift (try to match the cutter to the person receiving the gift.) and it’s always a huge hit!

8. blastedgoat says:

Such a great idea! All I need is the paper since I have millions of random craft odds and ends to decorate with :D