We may be in the minority here, but we love cold weather! There is nothing better than curling up in a sweater while sipping hot cocoa. But bundling up in layers makes it pretty hard to show off those dainty jewelry pieces that were so popular in the summer. And forget about wearing any cute little layered bracelets because they’ll make pulling down those cardigan sleeves impossible! If you still want to accessorize your style this fall/winter, take the dramatic approach and make statement with a bold button necklace!
What You’ll Need:
Small hole puncher
Buttons We Used:
1. Take your piece of felt, and fold it in half.
2. Cut into a half-arc shape, making sure the folded edge of the felt stays intact.
3. Unfold your felt, and lay out the buttons to create a pattern.
4. Sew on each button. Some of the buttons are pretty heavy, so make sure you sew each button on a few times to ensure it will not fall off.
5. There may be extra felt around your button pattern. You can either leave it, or trim around your buttons. Whatever you decide, make sure you leave some felt on the end of your necklace for your jump ring and chain!
6. Using your hole punch, place a hole on each corner.
7. Attach the jump ring and chain. Repeat on other side.
Now that your necklace is done, wear it with any of your cold-weather attire for a bold and beautiful look!