Whether it’s the rough and tumble attire or the amazing use of leather, there’s something about the Old West that makes us go wild! That’s why our first Halloween DIY this year is featuring this classic theme, perfect for a cowgirl (or boy) costume. Our Western Belt DIY will transform you into a modern day Annie Oakley, and nobody messes with Annie Oakley! What You’ll Need:
1. Insert about an inch of the leather trim into the buckle opening, and wrap it around the metal fixture. Glue it down, and let dry it for an hour.
2. Wrap the leather trim around your waist to figure out where to place the notch in your belt. Mark the area to ensure correct placement!
3. Once you know where the hole is going, cut off any excess trim.
4. Using a small hole punch, create a hole for the buckle closure.
5. Place the spikes or studs you want to use, and mark the spots as you had for the notch. 6. Then take out your hole punch to create holes where you want your spikes to go.
7. Twist the spikes into place.
8. Put on your finished belt, and prepare to be the chicest gal at the rodeo! Love the look but not feeling the buckle? Or maybe you’re looking for a different style of trim. Switch it out! Explore our Wild Wild West page to find all the Western-inspired materials to make a belt that reflects YOUR style.