DIY Roundup: Update Your Curtains

Curtains are among the first details you notice when you enter a room. They are both functional and fashionable. In order to get that dramatic effect curtains should be embellished with fringe, pom-pom trim, or greek key Jacquard. Purchasing these curtains ready-made can get pretty expensive which is why we always take the DIY route at M&J. To make your own customized curtains you can purchase inexpensive curtains from a department store and embellish them with any decorative trim. The options are endless!

To give you some inspiration we’ve rounded up some of our favorite curtain makeovers. Let us know what you think!

DIY Back Tap Curtains via I Heart Nap TimeDIY-back-tab-curtains1

DIY Pom Pom Curtains via 6TH Street Design School pompom-5

Ikea Curtain Makeover via Lilikoi Joy DSC_0323 pm

Ikea Curtain Makeover via Dwellings by Devore 3

Curtains from Drab to Fab via …Love Maegan

5663799308_6fe50e8972_o

Customize Store-Bought Curtains via The Shabby NestGirl's Bedroom 1

Don’t forget about our Promo – Ends Tomorrow!

webbanner_09182013yardtrimsale1

11 comments on “DIY Roundup: Update Your Curtains

1. mentalageof3 says:

These are so cool! Reblogged this on http://randomtipsoflife.wordpress.com/

2. mentalageof3 says:

Reblogged this on Random Rants Of Life and commented:
    Saw these ideas and thought that they all looked really cool!

3. Ida says:

I love all these curtain ideas! Definitely makes curtains more interesting. I’m going to keep this in mind when I sew curtains for my living room!

4. Joycelyn says:

Reblogged this on I am Super Istar and commented:
    Hopefully I would learn how to use the sewing machine again, soonest! These curtain ideas are fab!