Erin Pruckno lives in Washington, DC, where she teaches by day and crafts by night. Her site, Thanks, I Made It, is a DIY style blog for encouraging creativity, sharing inspiration, and enjoying being able to say, “Thanks, I made it!” There you’ll find do-it-yourself projects that range from the super simple to more complex, while learning crafty skills and how to get designer looks with less money and more personality.
10 inches acrylic chain
22 inches of 12 mm gold chain
2 large jump rings and pliers (not pictured)
- Weave the gold chain in and out of the links of the acrylic chain, leaving an equal amount of gold chain on either end of the acrylic chain.
- Attach the gold chain to the last link of the acrylic chain with a jump ring.
- Add the clip to the ends of the metal chain.
Gold bolo cord
2 barrel cord ends
Jump rings and clasp
- Cut the cord into two 8 inch pieces.
- Loop the cords together in a square knot.
- Measure the cords to fit around your wrist, and trim the ends.
- Put a drop of glue in one of the cord ends, and press the ends of the cord into the cord end.
- Repeat on the other end.
- Once the glue has dried, add the jump rinds to each end and clasp.
18 inches braided trim
6 inches pink ribbon
5 inches elastic
Needle and thread
- Sew the end of elastic to the braided trim.
- Wrap the pink ribbon around where the trim and elastic meet, and sew in place.
- Repeat with the other end of the elastic and trim.