Two of our favorite trends right now are spikes and neon, and we’re trying to incorporate them into our everyday looks as much as possible. And we have so many cool new neon supplies in our store that we knew it was time for a neon DIY. With our favorite cone spikes and some awesome neon nailheads, we created this edgy, trendy headband that will brighten up any look this fall. Check out our tutorial below, and stop by our store to find more neon and spike selections!
2. Begin adding a line of neon nailheads on top of the glue. Hold each one down for a few seconds as it dries, and make sure there are no gaps in between the nailheads.
3. Continue to add lines of glue, and then nailheads on top, until you have neon nailheads running down an entire side of the leather trim. Then use the same process to add a line of nailheads to the other side.
4. Unscrew each of the cone spikes, as you will not be needing the screws.
5. Evenly line up the spikes on the strip of leather to make sure you have the correct placement. They should be about an inch apart. Then gently glue each one in place.
6. After the glue has dried and the spikes are firmly in place, draw a thin line of glue all along the metal headband.
7. Gently place the leather trim onto the metal headband, making sure it is even and symmetrical. Hold it in place while the glue dries. Once everything is dry, you’re all done!