A while ago we shared our pom-pom inspiration with you, and ever since then, we’ve been on the hunt for the perfect silky pair of shorts for a pom-pom DIY. We finally found a pair at the thrift store, and of course we grabbed some pom-pom trim from M&J Trimming. Follow along below to see how we made our pom-pom shorts, and let us know what you think in the comments!
1. Gather your supplies. You’ll need:
2. Cut your pom-pom trim in half so you have two long pieces. Lay the shorts down and flatten them out. Along the bottom hem, begin applying a thin line of glue. Make sure you stay close to the bottom of the shorts so the pom-poms can dangle down.
3. After you’ve applied a few inches of glue, lay the pom-pom trim directly on top and press down firmly. Continue to repeat this process, applying a few inches of glue, and then adding the trim on top. You’ll have to rotate the shorts in order to go all the way around, so make sure the glue is fairly dry first.
4. When you’ve added trim all the way around the bottom of one side, snip of the excess trim and wait a few minutes for it to dry. Use the same process to add trim to the other side of the shorts.
5. You’re all set! Now you’re ready to show off your new shorts.