If anyone remembers our fringe inspiration post from last week, you’ll know that we were obsessing over this neon fringe necklace that we saw on Chiara of The Blonde Salad. We decided to make our own edgier version with some studs and fringe from M&J Trimming. Follow along below to make it yourself!
- jewelry pliers
- E6000 glue
- a pack of cone studs
- 1 ft chain
- 1 1/2 ft short neon fringe
- 1 1/2 ft long black fringe
1. Cut the neon fringe in half, so you have two 9 inch pieces of fringe. Spread a thin line of glue across the top of one of the pieces, then place the other piece directly on top and press them together. (This is so the fringe will be thicker and sturdier.) Do the same thing with the black fringe.
2. Draw a line of glue across the top of the black fringe. Place the neon fringe directly on top and press down. Let the glue dry.
3. Using your pliers, open a link on one end of the chain. Hook it through one of the loops in the top of the fringe and then close the link with the pliers. Do the same on the other side of the fringe. Make sure the chain is long enough to slip over your head.
4. Unscrew the studs and remove the screws, so you only have the flat studs. Space them evenly along the top of the fringe, then glue them down individually. Let them dry and you’re all set!