We’re back with another original DIY, this time brought to us by the awesome Candy of taylor & DEMOLISH. Keep reading to find out how to make these embellished cuffed jeans, and stop by taylor & DEMOLISH for more of Candy’s DIYs!Images via Around Lucia, Style Scrapbook, Tumblr, Sania Claus, Caroline’s Mode
I have been cuffing my jeans ever since the weather began to warm up in Manhattan and when I spotted these jeans from H&M’s upcoming Fall 2012 collection, I knew they would make the perfect DIY to add to my collection!
Medium blue skinny jeans
Seed beads (Mine are the cry luster colored beads from M&J Trimming)
1. Put jeans on and fold the cuff so it’s about 1.5 inches above your ankle. The cuff itself should be 2-3 inches long.
2. Using a couple stitches around the jeans, stitch the cuff to the jeans so it doesn’t unfold.
3. Split the number of large jewels that you have in half. Sew half individually onto the left cuff and half on the right. Make sure to space them evenly around the entire jean cuff.
4. Glue about 10-15 rhinestones to each cuff with the E6000 glue. Let rhinestones dry for about 30 minutes.
5. Fill in open gaps by sewing in the pearls. I used about 30 on each jean cuff.
6. Fill in any other open gaps you may find with your seed beads. I created loops of 5 beads each.
And there you have it! Cuff your jeans and expose this beautiful hidden treasure!