I am excited to see the tribal trend taking off this summer. The look is comprised of bold graphic prints paired with warm tones and natural accents. This can be a tricky look to pull off, so couple of tips. When mixing patterns and textures, be sure each piece has one or two colors in common. Oversized patterns can easily be over whelming, so these dresses and skirts should be short and simple in shape. When in doubt go for mini, that’s always my motto. When turning the volume on your outfit up, with bright colors such as orange and fuchsia, turn your makeup down. Wear a natural eye or lip. And finally pile on the great accessories. Load your arm up with wooden bangles or add a mix media necklace over a daring graphic tee.
- 7 yards of black 1mm round leather cord
- 3 yards black faux suede lacing
- 2 yards calf craft leather lacing in antique natural
- 12 inches 17mm metal chain in matte gold
- 1 yard 9mm black metal chain
- 5 horn pipe beads
- 1 jewelry clasp
- 4 jump rings
- Scissors, wire clippers, and needle nose pliers
- Decide on a comfortable length for your necklace to be. I chose 12 inches.
- Cut your 17mm chain to the measurement you’ve decided.
- cut your leathers down into 24 inch pieces
- Using pieces of tape or string mark the center 6 inches of your 17mm chain. You want to work with in this space only.
- Starting with the wider pieces of leather you are going to begin attaching them to your necklace. Fold leather in half then push the folded center through a link of chain and pull the tail ends of the leather through the loop. Pull tight to secure.
- Repeat step 5 with the 1mm cord, but attach two pieces together.
- Cut 9mm chain into four 9 inch pieces. Attach to necklace using the jump rings.