Decorating your children’s room can be so fun, makes you feel like a kid again with all the arts and crafts involved. It’s the best part of a room because the creativity is endless and nothing can look to childish. Which is why decided to make this super cool picture frame holder for boys room. Since I’m in love with the 3-d pop-out picture frames i decided to incorporate it into the frame holder for pictures, here’s is what I came up with.
- Hot glue gun
- 2 yards of 16mm Velvet Ribbon Style# 02416 (Colors Used: Nude, Willow, Slate)
- 1 yard of Pom-pom Fringe Style# 38623 (Color Teal)
- 2 28mm Wood Star Buttons Style# 35850
- 2 45mm Wood Star Buttons Style# 35850
- Step1: Take your empty picture frame and remove the glass.
- Step 2: Measure and cut the felt to fit within the picture frame. Then hot glue it the closing part of the frame.
- Step 3: Measure and cut the pom-pom fringe, you can measure it diagonally or horizontally on the frame before cutting, then t-pin or tape down
- Step 4: Take one end of the felt ribbon and hot glue it to the frame (be sure to glue it under the pom-pom fringe)
- Step 5: Once it is dry, pull the ribbon down in a straight line and hot glue it to the end of the board and cut.
- Step 5: Continue steps four and five with all three ribbons, alternating colors.
- Step 6: Once all the ribbons have been hot glued, hot glue the pom-pom fringe and remove the t-pins or tape.
- Step 7: Hot glue the flower buttons in desired locations around the frame.
- Step 8: Glue the letters to your child’s name above the pom-pom fringe. (I printed out my letters from the computer)
- Step 9: Optional: I cut the pom-poms off the extra trim and glued them on the ribbons.