The weather is feeling pretty nice lately and that usually means it is time to pretty up. So here is this week’s round-up of DIY accessory.
To give that classic yet chic pretty girl look that has been seen all over the street and magazines lately, we’ll be working with pearls and chromspun grosgrain ribbon.
This project is quite easy and only takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Thread (Matching thread to the ribbon or clear thread)
- 60″ strand of of the 3MM pearls
- 5 – 8MM large pearls
- 2 - 4MM small pearls
- 2.5 yard of Chromspun Grosgrain Ribbon
- Prepare your needle and thread for at least 20″ long.
- Prepare your chromspun ribbon, but flipping it back and forth and cut after you have flipped the amount of loops you would like to create. I flipped mine about 3 times then strung the needle through it.
- Add the 8MM pearl and repeat step 2.
- Add the 4MM pearl and repeat step 2.
- Repeat the steps until you finish the design and then tie a knot to keep the last loops of ribbon in place.
- With your 60″ long strand of pearls, loop it so that it’s layered like in the image. Tie clear thread at the top so the pearls stay in place.
- Using a needle, sew the design of pearls and ribbon into place to the pearls at the bottom.
- Now you’re all done and ready to show of your work!