Ever since I saw this picture of design team Badgely-Mischka’s horse farm home with its killer monogrammed bed pillows, I have been loving them. I think esthetically it happens to look really cool. It looks crisp and modern and adds a graphic element to an otherwise simple bed.
Via DecorpadVia decorpad
You can make your own gorgeous monogramed pillows with nothing but a pillow, the trim of your choice and a needle and thread! For a kids room, I would love to make the monogram out of a lot of buttons, sewed on to the pillow in the shape of a letter! or an edgier look, I would use a nailheads to add a little bit of rock n roll to a room… For the simplest and most refined look, I would use our chrome spun grosgrain ribbon and some iron on tape to create a chic monogram!
10 Kabibi Shell Button Style# 39372 (1-800-9-MJTRIM) – Sizes12mm and15mm (in Pastel Pink)
33 Fashion Button 4- Holes Style# 39789 – Sizes 24L and 28L (in Pink and Purple)
- First Step- Take out the cushion/feathers/Stuffing from the pillow, the write out the desired letter and design with Tailors chalk on the pillow
- Second Step- (can be done in two ways)
- First Way: Place the buttons on the traced letter and put tape over the buttons for a strong hold. Then machine stitch the buttons onto the pillow case and remove the tape when you’re are finished.
- Second Way: Hand-sew each button onto the traced letter, if you are not able to machine stitch.
- Third Step- When you are done sewing on the buttons take your ribbon (any other trim) and machine or hand-stitch the desired design around the buttoned letter.
- Fourth Step- Re-stuff your pillow and find the perfect place for your new pillow.