It seems that the fashion world can’t get enough of the statement necklace. The great thing about these pieces is their versatility; they can be worn day or night and can really add personality to a plain T shirt and jeans. I am thrilled with how this one turned out. The braiding adds interesting texture and the glass jewels just the right amount of bling. Do not be intimidated it looks like a lot of work but it is actually very simple to do.
- Cut piece of denim into three 2” strips 28” long.
- Pin the three strips on top of each other and loosely braid.
- Secure the other end of the finished braid with a pin. Be sure that the finished ends of your braid do not exceed 2”.
- Hand or machine stitch your finished ends.
- Drape the braid around your neck. By folding the braid in the center work the bib so that it lays flat to the chest and pin. It may help to have a friend present, this is more easily done on someone else than yourself.
- Put a couple of hand stitches in the areas that you folded flat to secure the braid.
- Now embellish as desired. If the mood strikes you or you want to add a little more pop nail heads make a great addition.
- Now cut the one yard of ribbon in half. Fold one end over ¼” and press. Fold over again ½” and press, now fold back in the opposite direction and press again.
- Sandwich the ends of your braid into your folds of ribbon. If done correctly you will not see any frayed edges of the ribbon or braid on either side. Stitch to secure.
- Wear and Enjoy!