So, as many of you may or may not already know, I am absolutely in love with beaded fringe and certainly cuffs. This week I’ve decided to combine my two loves, and am loving the result. Hope you dig it too.
- ½ yard 3” beaded fringe
- 1 package of ss30 nail heads
- Scarp denim (I used a piece 2 ½” wide and 9” long. The length measurement depends upon your wrist size. Take your measurement and add 2”)
- Craft glue
- 1 12” separating zipper
- Ez rhinestone setter or you could use the side of a pencil t o finish the prongs of your nail heads
- Needle and thread
- Cut your denim into 4 equal sections and cut 3 pieces of fringe 2 ½” pieces.
- I used a little glue to secure the pieces of fringe between 2 pieces of my denim and stitched. Stitch as close to the twill tape of the fringe as possible so that it will not be visible from the other side.
- Mark two columns down the two center panels of your denim cuff. My marks are 1/2” apart.
- Apply nail heads at your marks
- Fold the ends of your cuff over ¼”, you may press this down or secure it with a little glue or stitch.
- Attach the bottom portion of your zipper to finished ends. To shorten the zipper cut the top portion off, then using a needle and thread wrap some thread around the top tooth. Doing so will keep the zipper from coming off the teeth.
- Wear and Enjoy!