Easy DIY Cat Ears for Halloween

By Kristin

Ears

I love this time of year. The leaves are starting to fall, the air is crisp, and Halloween is around the corner. Every year I try to do something different. Last year I was a Zombie Princess Leia. This year I decided to be the classic 1966 Catwoman. I’m going to show you how to make an easy pair of kitty ears for your kitty costume.

Ears2

Materials:

ears

Instructions:

1. Print out the template on the cardstock and carefully cut out the shapes.
    Fold along the dotted lines on all pieces.
  2. Glue Tab A to Section A by dabbing a little glue on both areas and letting it get tacky for a few seconds, then press together. You can use paperclips to hold these together as they dry. Let them dry for at least 10 minutes before moving onto step four.
  3. Glue Tabs B to underside of ‘ear’, again use paperclips to hold while drying. Let these sections dry at least 10 minutes.
  4. Once the sections are completely dry and the pieces do not move, you can color in the cardstock with markers. I colored my outer ear black on the front and back and the inner ear was colored pink for contrast. This way, when you glue the sequins on, you won’t see white cardstock behind them.
  5. After you have colored in your ears, you can glue them to the headband. Hold the ears on the headband to see where you want them to go and then glue them down. Glue one ear at a time and let the first ear dry before gluing the next. They should be dry in about 10-15 minutes.
  6. Now you can decorate your ears! Spread a thin layer of glue on the front outer ear and glue down your sequins. Once those have dried on both ears, glue down the inner ear sequins. After this has dried, you can glue the back sequins.
  7. Once dry, you are purrrfectly ready to have some fun.

**For a quick and easy catwoman costume, get a black unitard at any dance supply store, some cute black boots, add a gold belt, big gold chain necklace, and the ears – and you are set to take over Gotham!

9 comments on “Easy DIY Cat Ears for Halloween

1. Rachel says:

These are so cute, I love the sparkle! I’m enjoying your Halloween posts, I’ll be linking to this.

2. Caren Diebold says:

You could also use heat set rhinestones for a really glam look

3. Kelly Ryan says:

what does the back of the ears look like?

4. Nona Simons says:

What a great idea, this is definitely the cat’s meeeow! Back could be done either in velvet or all black sequins, or sequins of whatever colors you want!

5. bm Flea Bomb says:

Traditional powders are not as effective as the new treatments
    and involve a great deal of trouble in application.
    There are many health dangers that a flea infestation can
    cause to your pet, putting their well being and
    possibly their life on the line. You’ll find particular toxins which destroy bugs, however, you must be cautious as improper use of chemical substances could be harmful for your well being.

6. I’m now not positive where you are getting your info, however good topic.
    I must spend some time learning more or figuring out more.
    Thank you for fantastic info I was searching for this info
    for my mission.

7. etsy.com says:

When selecting your next nose stud, why not choose from an extensive range of some of
    the worlds finest body jewellery. If you are
    thinking of buying a piece of handmade jewellery from India or any other Asian country make sure that you check on the size as many of the designs will be on the small side for western
    women so please check but as they are now creating these lovely pieces
    of silver bead jewellery for world trade you are bound to get a piece that
    will fit you perfectly. Handmade items are generally
    far better in more ways than one, and they should be sought out
    whenever possible.

8. “He’d better be doing his math or designing something,” said Clothilde.

nothing whatsoever to interfere with their clean, harsh, rectilinear design.
    Science fiction promises that our imaginations are prolific creators that can give us the means to make life be as we want
    it to be.

9. Heya i am for the primary time here. I found
    this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot.

I hope to give something back and aid others
    such as you aided me.