Do-it-Yourself Ideas with Zipper Rosettes

By Milton

zipper_shoes

As I mentioned in my Fall ’09 Accessories post, Zippers are coming big in a new way for this season. Designers are using them not only for their function, but also as embellishments on jackets, bags, shoes and anything you can think of.  M&J Trimming just got these new Zipper Rosettes.  Here are some ideas of how you can make your own accessories or embellish the ones you already have. It’s a great way to get the look of this seaon’s  strongest trends.  They have a flat back that makes them easy to stitch or glue, depending on your project. They come as individual 2 ½” Rosettes and a larger 4″ version which comes with 4 Rosettes attached as one piece.

Now you can have fun embellishing your shoes, all you need is a glue gun and attach the Rosette in the center or if they have straps you could glue them on the side of the strap. If you are doing your bag, I would recommend to use needle and thread to attach the Rosettes because you might want to replace it with something else in the future.  If you want to make a headband, all you need to do is get a plain headband and glue the Rosette on the side.  You can also use a hair clip or a hair comb. Fall is around the corner, so have fun and start getting ready for the season making your own accessories.

By the way, the zipper rossets aren’t available online.  However, you can call customer service at 1-800-9-MJTRIM and order them on the phone.  All you need are the item numbers.

Zipper_Rosettes

zipper_rosettes2

zipper_bag

zipper_headband

9 comments on “Do-it-Yourself Ideas with Zipper Rosettes

1. robin abdulla says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about pricing info?

2. Milton says:

The 2 1/2″ Rosettes are $4.98 each, and the 4″ Rosettes are $7.98 each

• Valeria says:

Thank you for answering my question on Y! Answers. I also like these kind of headbands. I’ll keep looking around. Thanks again!

• Valeria says:

Sorry… I don’t think it was you who answered my question I forgot to mention the person who answered the question– Hi T. I was just thanking him and also wanted to say that this website has nice headbands. :)

3. kay says:

it says above that the larger ones are in packs of 3, is that correct. do they come individually or in groups? please let me know. thanks

4. Milton says:

Hi Kay,
    I’m sorry, it was a mistake. It isn’t a pack of 3 Rosettes, it is a 4″ piece which comes with 4 Zipper Rosettes attached as one piece.

5. wenqi says:

wait so the rosettes shown on the headband, bag and shoes r the zipper rosettes # 43095 right? and the other circly shaped ones r just the plain rosettes #430956 or is it the other way around and both styles comes with 4 right?

6. Milton says:

The style number of the ones shown on the headband, bag and shoes is #43096. The other style (#43095) is 4″, and it has 4 Rosettes attached as 1 piece, 3 at the bottom layer and the 4th one glued in the center.

7. wenqi says:

ok this sooo much i was all confused