- 7 yards of Metallic Tube Ribbon (36876-BCO) in white. 1-800-9MJTRIM
- Brown Bugle Beads and Silver Seed Beads (15933-59148, 15931-18503). 1-800-9MJTRIM
- 2 ½” silver crimp tubes with loop, purchased at any craft store.
- 1 7x4mm lobster claw, purchased at any craft store.
- Invisible thread
- Size 12 needle, anything larger will not go through your beads.
Cut 10 25″ strips of metallic tube ribbon.
- Knot one end of all the ribbon strips together, then separate ribbon into two groups of five.
- I used cork board to pin the ribbon down, then in a braided fashion twist the two groups together to create a rope. Knot your loose ends together.
- In the middle of your rope create a simple knot. I created my knot a little loose and wide so that the twist is still apparent.
- Pin the other side to the cork board so that you have created a u.
- Once you have decided which part of the twist you want to follow begin beading. I tied a knot at the end of my invisible thread. I then threaded my needle across the back of the rope and then once more leaving slack to pass my needle through to create another knot attached to the rope.
- Pass the needle through the rope toward the front pass 1 bugle bead then 1 seed bead through your needle, now pass your needle towards the back. Repeat.
- Only bead the top of your braid. I beaded each side and then the knot individually.
- Once you have completed beading unpin your rope. With pliers attach a crimp tube around each knotted end. Be sure to trim off any excess ribbon near the knot before attaching your crimp tube.
- Attach the lobster claw to one of the crimp tubes.
- Now go be the envy of all your friends!