Decorating the Christmas tree with family and friends is a very special time. Making the ornaments yourself also means the quality time spent together more memorable. Here are a few ideas you can use for decoring this holiday.
- 1 – large jingle bell
- 1 – 11″ blue organza ribbon
- 1 – 11″ silver organza ribbon
- Various sizes and colors of flat back rhinestones
You can create any design you’d like on the jingle bells using gem-tac glue and flat back rhinestones. Also laying one ribbon on top the other, you can tie it around the handle of the jingle bells.
Ribbon of Jingles
- 1 – Silver jingle bell
- 1 – 8 ½” of 5mm red velvet ribbons
- 1 – 9″ of 5mm emerald velvet ribbon
- 7 – Silver pearls
- 1 – 5 ½” silver wire
- Using pliers take one end of the wire and hook it onto the jingle bell handle.
- Using the emerald velvet ribbon, tie a bow onto the wire to cover the area that was hooked onto the jingle bells.
- On the red velvet ribbon, measure 1″ and poke a hole through the ribbon.
- Insert the wire through the hole.
- Insert one silver pearl or as many as you prefer.
- Create a zig zag shape with the red velvet ribbon and poke a hole through the ribbon where appropriate.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until there is no more ribbons left.
- Using pliers been the left over wire to create a loop.
Note: you can use any size or color of pearls and ribbons you like.