Gossip Girl (Serena’s Ribbon Headband)

By Milton

In Gossip Girl’s “Summer, Kind of WOnderful” episode for the second season, Serena van der Woodsen wore a silver ribbon as a headband to the white party.  One option to get this look is by using a metallic silver mesh ribbon.  I used about 5 yards and just wrapped multiple layers and then tied a knot in the back.  You can call 1.800.9.MJTRIM and ask for item number 36876.  It comes in 18 different colors.  I used the size 6mm in white.

36 comments on “Gossip Girl (Serena’s Ribbon Headband)

1. E says:

I love that headband! I bought it online just now, can’t wait for it to come in :)

2. K says:

I want to know where she got her gorgeous grecian style cream dress from for the White Party if anyone knows?

3. katy ashton says:

her white dress is oscar de la renta.

4. T says:

Where did you buy the head band online? ive been looking for it everywhere!

5. M&J Trimming says:

The headband was not purchased, it was made. You can call 1-800-9-MJTRIM to order.

6. weng says:

i relly like the headband but im not from the usa wer can i get that omline?

7. M&J Trimming says:

Email info@mjtrim.com regarding your inquiry. We ship world wide.

8. Olivia Ifergan says:

I cant find this ribbon on the website? do i have to call or is it on there somwhere?

• Dara says:

Hi Olivia, Yes the mesh ribbon is available by phone. You can call 1-800-9-MJTRIM and ask for item number 36876.

9. RS says:

I love that headband :) can’t order it though. anyone know If there is a local supplier in the Piegon Forge area of Tennessee where you can get materials like the above? What about Singapore? (yes, I know about spotlight in plaza Singapura) :) thanks so much for all the wonderful ideas on this site!!

10. khatia says:

Hey i realy love Gossip Girl.. It’s my favourite… And so i like style of Serena and her headbands too… :*:*:*

11. Abbie says:

omg! i love blake lively, i lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove her hair like that, i want it like that for my prom, who did her hair?
    and how did they do it? ive been trying to do it but it wont work….

12. fizz says:

hey, what size should i get 3/8, 5/8, 7/8, 1.5″ or 2.25″ ??

13. fizz says:

like what size is serena’s in that picture?

14. […] white party.  One way to get this look yourself is by using a metallic silver mesh ribbon. Visit M&J Trimming for more […]

15. nill says:

i want to this headband. i am from turkey how i can buy it ???? please write meee??????

16. carolyn robles says:

hi yah i just love the headband that serena wore i just womdering how to order and do you deliver in ireland?

17. Hi Carolyn says:

Please e-mail Alicia at info@mjtrim.com regarding your request. Yes, we do ship to ireland.

18. Sophie Beckley says:

Hiya, I am looking for a headband like this for my prom, could you tell me how much it would be (in GBP) and whether you ship to the united kingdom?

19. jessica says:

20. jessica says:

How do you do serenas hair?????? Help i really would need it i want if for my school ball… thanks if you can help

21. Sandra says:

Whats your favorite time of day and what do you usually do during it? If youre not free to do what you want, what would you otherwise be doing?

22. Vee says:

I have been searching for Serena’s headband forever. It’s from a french designer, and this is the site. I believe this is the exact necklace.

23. kate says:

just fyi, serena’s headband for the white party isn’t actually made of ribbons. It’s a silver chain necklace that they used as an improvised headband. however using a silver mesh ribbon is a great way to replicate the look. i’d recommend any silver chain that you can buy in a craft store for jewelry making as another alternative.

24. Sandra says:

Why is it called a “drive through” if you have to stop?

25. Vanessa says:

Hi !
    I love it !
    Do you ship in france ?
    Thanks

26. Gail Hendricks says:

I’m from South Africa, i would like to get this headband. please help

27. betty says:

yes me too I love the headband, I just wanted to make this hairstyle for my wedding in December 2011 but you ship to France or even (in Reunion Island is near Mauritius in the Indian Ocean to locate)?
    How long does it take to design? thank you in advance

28. It looks so creative. I want to make this kind of headband. I hope you’ll post some DIY on how to make this cute headband. Thanks.

29. I wish I could make it too! I really like the look, and can’t wait to do something similar

30. Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my website thus i got here to return
    the prefer?.I am attempting to to find things to enhance my web site!
    I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!!